Date(s) - Feb 17, 2015 - Mar 6, 2015
NIGERIAN LAWYERS ASSOCIATION’S 2015 ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Nigerian Lawyers Association’s Scholarship Program is offered to JD Students, LLM students and LLB graduates across the United States, and is awarded based on demonstrated academic merit. Recipients will receive awards ranging from $500.00-2,000.00 depending upon the availability of funds.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Recipient must be enrolled in an ABA- or AALS- accredited law school in the United States at least part-time (as determined by the law school) or any law graduate sitting for his/her first bar exam in any U.S. jurisdiction
• Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA and has completed at least one
semester of classes at an accredited law school
Applicants must submit by March 6, 2015:
• A completed scholarship application form
• One-two page typed essay
• An official copy of law school transcript
The NLA award recipients will be notified of the selection on or about March 18, 2015.
DEADLINE Completed applications must be submitted no later than March 6, 2015. Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 2015 NLA Academic Scholarship Award.
APPLICATION FORM – DOWNLOAD PDF FORM HERE or fill form below
Part I: BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Law School currently attending:
# of Completed Law School Semesters: Expected Graduation Month/Year
Present Mailing Address:
Part II: ACADEMIC INFORMATION
NAME AND ADDRESS
DEGREE AND MAJOR
AND EXPECTED UNDERGRADUATE SCHOOL
LAW SCHOOL, OTHER
It is recommended that you download the pdf form here for accuracy.
Please list academic honors, prizes or scholarships you received in college:
Is there any other relevant information you want us to consider when reviewing your application?:
Please tell us how you learned about the NLA and our scholarship program:
Part III: ESSAY
Please submit a 1-2-page typed essay, 12 pt. font Times New Roman, answering only one (1) of the following questions:
1) What role can the law play in solving issues such as the abduction of over 200 girls in Nigeria by Boko Haram?
2) How can Nigeria better position itself to become a leader in capital markets over the next 10 years?
3) How do your short-term and long-term goals align with the mission and objectives of the Nigerian Lawyers Association?
Return your complete application package by March 6, 2015 to Shereefat Balogun at