Date(s) - Feb 14, 2014
Purchase your ticket online for $15 @ https://mialove.eventbrite.com or $20 at the door. Limited tix available.
This Valentine’s day Friday, February 14th Made In Africa invites you to embark with us on a three dimensional journey that combines Live African Music, African Poetry and an Interactive Networking Game for our Kings and Queens to socialize. You will have the opportunity to enjoy the show while indulging in exotic cocktails and African Food. The artists blessing the mic and celebrating love in its various forms will include:
* Congolese Rumba crooner Guepsy Lumemo / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8HljkWhpdY
* Sultry Nigerian Singer/Songwriter Yemi /https://soundcloud.com/spectralviolet
* Beninese Afro Jazz Group Jomion & the Uklos/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZZqWz5trE0
* Versatile Poet: Ayoinmotion / http://ayoinmotion.bandcamp.com/track/yemoja
* Chadian Renaissance Poet Christian D Koumtog/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAKfUhJ4BJ8
* Nigerian Poet Shirley The Writer
* Hosted by NaMó
* Music by our very own Wizard DJ Birane
Come early! You do not want to miss the interactive game which will allow you to meet with someone of the opposite sex. You just never know!
$8 Cocktail special from 5:30PM – 6:30PM concocted by master mixologists Jason & Miguel
Food provided By:Mataheko Restaurant
Seating and Food are limited.
Must 21+ to attend
Contact Madeinafricanyc@gmail.com for table reservation or any inquiries.
Sponsors: Made In Africa, Mataheko Restaurant , Oeildafrique.com, Tambaroua Business Farming
Take F train to Delancey Stop or J&M trains to Essex st Stop
Head West on Delancey and turn left on Orchad st. The Botanical Lab is located on 86 Orchad st between Broome and Grand St.
Municipal parking Garage conveniently located 3 blocks away from the botanical Lab
Address: 107 Essex st
Rates: $4 for the first hour and $2.00 per hour for additional hours.