- Community Activist, Humanitarian, Administrator
Michael Adeniyi is a graduate of City University of New York – Hunter College, New York. Michael is managing partner of SIMADEN Capital, LLC -- a financial advisory, oil & gas, and real estate investment firm -- which he co-founded.
As an active community activist, Michael has been involved in various uplifting initiatives in New York. He is a founding member of African Advisory Council to The Bronx Borough President, where he has been actively involved in integrating African immigrants into the American society through political activism and economic empowerment.
Michael is a leading member of the group that organizes annual Nigeria Independence Day Parade & Carnival in New York every October. This is the first and largest African nation’s parade in the City of New York. “It is the largest celebration of Nigeria outside of the homeland.” The annual parade gives Nigerians (and other Africans) opportunity to proudly showcase their heritage, and to enlighten fellow Americans about their rich cultures. Estimated 30,000 people attended 2013 celebration.
Michael was a member of NYC2012 – which was New York City Olympic Bid Committee. He was profiled in NYC’s Olympic Bid Book submitted to International Olympic Committee (IOC). In 2011, Michael was honored as a Bronx County Leader by New York State Assemblyman Eric Stevenson.
Michael is affiliated to and has served as officer of various organizations:
- President, Organization for the Advancement of Nigerians (OAN) (2002 – 2010)
- Member, Nigeria Independence Day Committee (NY)
- Member, African Advisory Council to The Bronx Borough President (NY)
- Former Vice-President, African People Alliance (APA) – Bronx, NY
- Former President, Baptist Boys’ High School, Abeokuta, Nigeria, Alumni Association USA & Canada Chapter
- Former Chairman, Cardinal Hayes High School, Bronx, Parents Advisory Council
- Pioneer Chairman, African Day Parade – Harlem, NY
In recognition of his selfless community service both in the U.S. and Nigeria, Michael has been conferred with various awards:
- Merit Award, Baptist Boys’ High School, Abeokuta, Nigeria
- Cultural Leadership Award, Bronx County (NY) Salute to Leadership
- Appreciation Award, African Profiles USA & Globe Magazine
- Appreciation Award, African Heritage Magazine
- Legendary Award, US-African Eye Newspaper
- 2012 U.S. Presidential Citizens Medal Award (Nomination)